Tuesday, August 8, 2006

His Mighty Hand

My Lord, how easily doth pride rise within my heart!

And, lo, how eas'ly Thou canst humble 'neath the weight of all Thy mercies.

O dump from heaven daily that sweet load upon my head,

that naught but praise might lift from 'neath its heavy glory.

Lord, Thy mercies ever humble me;

Yea, they ever lift me up to joyous heights where I am near Thee.

Thy hand is mighty – therefore may I lowly be beneath it.

Thy hand is mighty – O then lift me up to Thee!

-October 27, 2005


For thus says the One who is high and lifted up,
who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy:
“I dwell in the high and holy place,
and also with him who is of a contrite and lowly spirit,
to revive the spirit of the lowly,
and to revive the heart of the contrite.

- Isaiah 57:15 ESV



No comments: