Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Yesterday afternoon.


A picture of me with most of the kids who come to my Bible club, hanging out by the river. (Please excuse Jason) :o)

All these children live in Glasgow and none of them come from good homes. They like to come and play on the sandy strip (see right of picture) near our house by the river and have almost become like family. It's hard to think of leaving them in just a few weeks. But for the grace of God, they will continue in the footsteps of their ungodly parents.

But for the grace of God
-and that grace is a mighty grace. God can use the Bible verses I have taught them, to bring them to saving faith in Jesus, despite their poor upbringing and life circumstances. The sovereign grace of God which I entrust my soul to, I can also trust for their souls. There is a sweet place to rest.

~ ~ ~
"...and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus." - 2 Tim. 3:15 ESV

No comments: