Thursday, November 25, 2010

"Thanks to God for my Redeemer" - and before I could thank him for more, I saw that there are a million worlds of good bound up in this - this one lovely, majestic, mighty and merciful Person, without whom I would have no good thing.

Thanks to Him who did not spare His own Son but gave Him up for us all, who surely will also with Him, freely give us all things.

Thanks to the Son of God who loved me and gave himself for me.

Thanks to the righteous Servant who makes me to be accounted righteous, bearing my iniquities.

Thanks to Him who is determined that I will not perish, who will pursue me with goodness and mercy all the days of my life, and will take me to dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Thanks to Him who stands at the door and knocks, wanting to come in and eat with me - him and me? yes - God and sinner - reconciled, eating food together. He is that gracious.

Oh, my Redeemer...enough for me.

"I say to the Lord, 'You are my Lord;
I have no good apart from you.'"

- Psalm 16:2,
ESV




No comments: