Saturday, September 8, 2012

For My Husband On the Evening of 6 Months of Marriage

My dear husband, this evening the sunset came like a surprising smile across a gloomy countenance. The clouds that had been gray before dinner were suddenly strewn with the most ravishing glory. 
I pronounced to my parents who were cleaning up the kitchen that there should be a law against washing dishes during sunsets and ran outside - with my camera because you could not be here to see it with me.


The canopy of deepest blue spread with ruffled gold was breathtaking. I must have smiled exceedingly because I came home with a pain in my jaw - quite worth is. Isn't it lovely, dearest?


The puddles from this afternoon's rain storm calmly drinking in the sky. Oh what a night to be a puddle!
I was so eager to be clear of the houses that I ran the last quarter of the block until I reached the clearing (blessed clearing - what sadness it would be to live without a space for sky to look through) and saw this.


and this...


and this...


...the heavens telling the glory of God. Oh how beautifully they told it tonight!


I miss you, my dearest companion. 
I would be desolate on evenings like this if I did not know that He who casts the rosy light across the clouds casts more dearly a smile upon my heart, and upon yours, wrapping us in the beauty of His beloved Son.


We are not alone.

The passage you read with me today came to mind:

“Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name, you are mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
and the flame shall not consume you.
For I am the LORD your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
I give Egypt as your ransom,
Cush and Seba in exchange for you.
Because you are precious in my eyes,
and honored, and I love you,
I give men in return for you,
peoples in exchange for your life.
Fear not, for I am with you;
I will bring your offspring from the east,
and from the west I will gather you.
I will say to the north, Give up,
and to the south, Do not withhold;
bring my sons from afar
and my daughters from the end of the earth,
everyone who is called by my name,
whom I created for my glory,
whom I formed and made.”
(Isaiah 43:1-7 ESV)

We are safe in His love.

and I love you


3 comments:

Rachel J said...

Oh... what amazing pictures and such a beautiful post for your husband. How long until you are able to be together again?

Thank you for your comment on my blog!

God bless!
Rachel

Caleb Bohon said...

Dearest, Thank you for this very nice post. That sunset is beautiful. I am looking forward to being together in about five months and being able to watch the sunset with you.

Do you remember watching the sunrise at Aunt Cathy's house? I am so glad you were able to come along to Sarah's wedding.

I love you too!

Alyssa Faith said...

5 months will find us watching February sunsets - we will have to go out before dinner. Yes, Caleb, I remember very dearly watching the sunrise at Aunt Cathy's house. Can you believe we were such good children as not to touch at all? I can scarcely imagine that now - but of course now is much different :-)

Rachel, thank you for your kind comment as well! We hope to be together in February if all goes as scheduled and Caleb returns from Kuwait. Halfway there!